30 August 2011

Iskandar Malaysia - Progress (August 2011)

There will be more infrastructures take in placed in Iskandar Malaysia area, especially Senai-Skudai zone (Premium Shopping Outlet), JB zone (KSL resort), Nusajaya area (Legoland) and other zone.

I hope that there will be more business activities conducted here. Foxconn will be going to open the factory in Senai/Skudai zone, boosting interest from another MNC to open the branches here.

With the enhancement of KTM in JB to be completed on Year 2013, citizen in JB have another choice to come to work in Singapore via Train system, with hope that the MRT system linked with Singapore MRT system to be completed by Year 2018.

I believe that this could be another Shen Zhen, if and only if Singapore can support that. More and more people will be living in IM while working in Singapore. This is because of the cheaper housing price as compared to Singapore as well as cheaper education cost (e.g. Educity in Iskandar Malaysia is another attraction in Iskandar Malaysia).

From time to time, we will see a better Malaysia that similar to Singapore if not same as it. (e.g. If we could attract Malaysia talents working in overseas to join force in Malaysia, then we will definitely see a different Malaysia).


Source from:

http://www.iskandarmalaysia.com.my/news/110818/investments-in-iskandar-hit-rm7596b-in-h1

Iskandar Malaysia attracted MYR75.96Bn in first half of year 2011.

Of this, the realised investments as of June 30 stood at RM30.47 billion, Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) Ismail Ibrahim said.

He said of the RM75.96 billion, 60 per cent or RM45.48 billion is from local investments, while the remaining 40 per cent from foreign investments.

In a press statement, he said to date, Iskandar Malaysia's top three foreign investors are from Europe, Asia and the Middle East.

Ismail said the transformation of Iskandar Malaysia into a vibrant economic centre, come 2025, is progressing according to schedule.

He added that IRDA continues to pursue foreign investment awareness and recently had participated with the International Trade and Industry Ministry and the Malaysian Industrial Development Authority in trade missions to the UK, the US, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia and Brunei.

Ismail said early next month, 100 senior government officials and business leaders from Wenzhou Province, China, will visit Iskandar Malaysia to explore trade and investment opportunities.

"As we continue to reach out to the region for awareness and to woo new investors, Iskandar Malaysia, facilitated by IRDA, is the platinum sponsor of Global Entropolis@Singapore in October.

"This is the premier business leaders' event in the region, looking to offshoring their core services while discovering new ideas for wealth creation," he said.

Ismail pointed out that the RM500 million KSL Resort in Johor Baru will open for business by the end of this year.

The resort will boast a 5-star hotel with 1,000 exclusive rooms and suites, a shopping mall, an expo hall, five cinemas, as well as a Tesco outlet and other retail outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

View All My Posts Here